We are learning about our pepeha.

We have been learning in class, and at home, about our pepeha. Some of us already knew our pepeha, but some others learned theirs. 
Your maunga is your mountain which is special to your family, and to your family who have passed away (tupuna). We don't all have the same maunga because some people have different mountains, rivers, waka and marae.  That is because we have different families. We come from different places.
Your awa is your river. Your waka is your canoe. Your marae is your whare which is your ancestral house.

Here is a video of Ripeka telling us about her pepeha picture she created using pastels on black paper. 



Here are some photos of us with our written pepeha and some photos of our drawings we created.




Comments

  1. Kia my name is Tuishaly from Nga Rau Rangatira, I really like that yous are sharing your guys learning about your pepeha it made me think how i could present my pepeha on paper. I also like that yous shared what yous put on your maunga, if you would like to see my learning, my blog is. https://kpstuishalyha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment